Yesterday was my 22nd birthday! Unfortunately, I don’t have a speech worthy of Bilbo Baggins (can you tell I’ve been looking forward to The Hobbit movie?). However, I would like to offer 21 things that I’ve picked up along the trail.
Some of these are random or trivial, some overly trite. I hope you’ll walk away with an idea to consider from my journey so far. Let’s dive right in:
- I’m never the smartest person in the room
- Worry about being interested more than being interesting
- Bring a notebook everywhere, you never know when you’ll get creative (or bored)
- Being cool isn’t all it’s made out to be
- There are some moments in life that just count more than others so be on your guard
- My parent’s might have actually known what they were doing…
- Leaders are readers
- Coffee is much better than I was led to believe
- Jesus may call some of us to lead, but He asks all of us to follow
- Talent is not an excuse for lack of preparation
- I really don’t like chocolate milk
- Overcommunicate everything that you want others to hear
- Sometimes having fun is actually good for you!
- Laziness in one area of my life is rarely contained to that area alone
- I am not but I know I AM
- A brother who’s willing to call you out is worth more than 100 fair-weather friends
- If Jesus wept, so can I
- There’s nothing better than mama’s cooking
- Milestones mark achievements but experiences mark success
- I can choose to either spend or invest time just like money
- As much as I think I know, I’m just getting started
It’s been an incredible journey so far. God has blessed me in ways I could not have imagined or hoped for and I cannot wait to see how He will guide me in the future.